It's December. I just can't believe how it's chased after us. Mmm, just the other day, or so it seems, school was just starting for folks again and now it's almost Christmas. *Sigh* It just so happens to be my favorite time of year. That's probably part of the reason I decided I had to write a post--I mean, you can't be too busy to spill about how much you fervently adore the smell of Christmas cookies baking, am I right? Of course. See, I don't actually have an oven in my room, however useful and magical that may be. I instead opted for an air freshener that looks like a (you guessed it) gingerbread man. I'm not going to lie, I freaked out when I found this lil' guy. He's just too cute to eat, and actually that's a good thing because he's an air freshener so that could be dangerous. Anyway, he smells like fresh baked cookies and makes my entire room seem like the north pole. So, I love him dearly.
THIS. This is my new baby. What...H-h-how do I even begin?
It's beautiful. :)
And get this: my parents had hundreds of old albums, mostly from the seventies, out in the garage for me to rummage through. I found many, as in it took two trips to carry them up to my room...
But anyway, I was particularly excited about some of The Beatles albums. Come on, my parents bought the Fab Four's records when they first came out, how rad is that?
I'm listening to "Octopuses' Garden", as I type. Ay Salsa Mio!
Oh, and I found this Loggins and Messina one, that has my two favorites: "Return to Pooh Corner" and "Danny's Song", on it. I was a goner. Then there's Bing and his Christmas album. Man, oh man. I sort of wish there was a repeat option on this turn table.
And I'm officially twenty-two now. Where has the time gone, and all those cliche questions that comes to mind at a time like this? I've led a blessed life so far, and I know the adventure God has me on is continuing. We never know what tomorrow will bring and I'm coming to terms with this--even better than that, I'm actually learning to love it. I can't control everything that happens in my life, and why would I want to? Good gracious, the lyrics I used to sing over and over again when I was little just popped in my head: "He's got the whole world in His hands". Such a sing-songy, barefoot days memory of a song, but it's complete truth. He's got this. He's got everything.
What has your life been like? Christmas plans? Come on now, I want to hear! :)



Those... th-th-those records, and th-that record player. OH. MY GOSH. They're amazing!!! Little bit jealous. Just sayin'. xD That is sooo cool. ;)
ReplyDeleteAlso, that photo of you is, umm, basically adorable. And now I want to go buy something lace. #grin
Your record player is gooorgeous. And that's so cool that your parents already had a bunch of great albums. I got my record player about a year ago, and I've had a lot of fun buying old records ever since . . . I have the same Bing Crosby record!
ReplyDelete