This caught my eye the other day, but I honestly didn't think about it again until just a few minutes ago.
The reason? I was looking at some of the blogs I used to read daily and then it hit me--I miss writing. I miss the feeling of clicking the "publish" button. I miss sweet comments that made me smile, from friends I've never even met. I miss feeling so inspired I couldn't even fit it all into one post. So, I guess that's about when this piece of prose came back into my mind. With the possibility of sounding very silly, blogging is one of my "lost things". I'm not saying I'm going to post regularly, but I will try when the inspiration strikes. I want to be able to paint all my feelings down, like I did before. Starting now.
I'm listening to the Titanic soundtrack, by the way. I might as well share that. Details that go overlooked mean a lot, I think. And so many times we leave them out of conversation. Sure, we talk all day long about baseball games and when the sun's coming out again, but when was the last time you cried at a movie? What's your favorite kind of tea? Do you hum or whistle? What was it that happened last that made you thank God for being alive?
Why do we have to be constrained to subjects that make us so incredibly comfortable. Soon, the comfortableness of it all is drowned in monotony. Can we please bring back awkwardness that is made up for ten times over with sincerity and authenticity? I'd like to breathe in that fresh air again.
Those are my thoughts for right now. I have so many things to say. So, so much that's happened to me and marked me forever. I look back and see how I never in my most ethereal dreams would have guessed all the things that have come to be--come to change me. God has placed people in my path to mold me into someone stronger and maybe a little bit less scared. What would have crushed me into a fine powder before, I'm now able to pull myself up from, brush off my clothes and move on from. Again though, this is only with grace. It's not my own doing, and in no way could I have ever earned it. Like a line from a song I used to play on repeat:
"The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair."

No comments:
Post a Comment
All of your comments always brighten my day up. :)
I do reply back, so if your want to stay updated just click the "subscribe by email" link, underneath the comment box.
Note: I ask you to please keep your words pure to the reader's eyes, within the message of Philippians 4:8
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable... think about such things"