This week has put life back into perspective. I cringe at how cliche that sounds, but the embarrassing thing is, most cliches are true. Back to this week: out of nowhere I caught a sickness that's honestly one tiny step away from being Freddy Kruger scary. It even made me pass out the other night, which was my very first time to actually full-fledge faint. Anne Shirley and I are kindred spirits, but even so, I couldn't find much scope for the imagination when my vision and hearing were being zapped from my swaying body. ;) Now I know though. I know that it's no lovely experience. I also know I nearly gave my poor parents heart attacks in the process. But those aren't the real lessons I've learned in the quarantined state I've been living in. No, it's more like, I have a really great life and great people in it. Strange to realize as I feel like every ounce of my energy has been drained, but mysterious conclusions come at mysterious times. I'm blessed with a ton of people who I could squeeze with a thousand hugs, plain and simple. Or as wise monsters once said, "We'll eat you up, we love you so." And please tell me you know what I mean.
I guess I caught onto this more while my parents treated me like I was eight years old again while taking care of me (they watched Elf with me last night, you guys), or my older sister checking on me often, or realizing how a few really amazing friends are there through it all. I'm just really happy where God has my life going and who's in it, right now. Sure, I want to get married and have a family if that's His plan, but right now is good. No more fretting if that guy or this guy is the one. What's meant to be will always find a way, and worrying won't make even a little difference. The folks around me are more than alright and more than enough. So, alright, those were my thoughts. Mmm, kind of blunt, but maybe that's how I want to be on here a little more... how I talk in real life. Like a conversation I'd carry on with you in a coffee shop. With Nutella lattes. Because I've had one of those, and trust me. Just trust me.
A bunch of random pictures that kind of explain my thought process. Don't you love putting together pictures of this and thats, seemingly making no sense but sorta making all the sense in the world to you?
Oh, and I'm dressing up as a pirate for Halloween and in a few days I'm going ahead and wearing the costume to a zoo carnival thing. I may be the only adult dressed up, but that's alright because you only get to dress up silly once a year (or in this case, twice). I bought black moccasins, knock-off Toms (name brand are too main stream), a back pack purse totally rad hat. I'm so cool. And Psych reruns are a guilty pleasure...
Are you dressing up for Halloween, or have some other Autumnal plans to look forward to? Any particular ways God has been showing you what life's all about?
Happy Sunday <3






Oh, this. I needed that sign and that still from Penelope...
ReplyDeleteand girl, you've been sick?! I'm so sorry. It sounds awful... you're in my prayers, you know that? X) I know this comment is a good week late, but you've got all my prayers.
Love all the pictures! So funny! haha!
ReplyDeleteAnd hope you start filling better soon! :)
~Hannah <3