I've lately seen some Youtubers who vlog about their "favorites", and since I'm a blogger, not a vlogger, I'd give it a go right here. :) So, how do I introduce these in an original way?
Here are some of my recent favorites.
That was way original.
One of my favorite passages lately is about love. I know it's so widely popularized, but that doesn't take away from its truth. Especially right before Valentines Day it reminds me that the word means more than emotions. I get too wrapped up in an idealized, yet weakened version of love, when the real thing is so much more.
Have I shown y'all my bird, Daisy? She's my baby, even though she wakes me up long before I intend to, clucking in my ear, and banging her mirror merciously up against the cage...
But she's always a favorite, and I thought I'd introduce her to the blog finally. :)
My favorite dancing, singing-along, overall happy, and current ringtone song? Yes. ;)
I love these socks, but the real favorite is just Valentines in general. I don't really get much into Valentines being that much about love, because to me it just... I don't know, I think it's too forced for there to be a Holiday exemplifying love. I just like it 'cause it's fun. ;) And honestly I'm perfectly fine with being single this year. I'm not even ready for a relationship, folks. I'm pretty much content, which is seriously something new to me. Most years, even though I secretly enjoy the candy and pink and red everything, I find I have to complain about being single. This year... this year I'm saying I love it no matter how pathetic it sounds. ;)
How very, very odd. But I was actually just earlier eating Cinnabon cereal, while trying to play "Part Of Your World" and "Beauty and the Beast". Let's just say, I'm not the best at reading music. At all.
Believe it or not, I'm not a paid spokesperson for Kellogg's or Cinnabon, even though, man, that would be cool.
I know, "Michelle, not your best picture." Haha! Let's just say I've gotten pretty good at posing for the camera, making myself look, well, better. Not a crime, but sometimes I get sick of it. Lately I've gotten a little too caught up in appearance, fashion and all that sort of thang, that leaves me feeling exhausted, dried up and shallow. I'm tired of trying to look way better for the camera than how I really am. My gap smile isn't perfect, but it's really kind of a part of me. My fly-away hair isn't beautiful but look at my gorgeous camera! That makes up for it, eh? Anyways, I'm much happier the less I care about me. Just something God's been nudging at my heart with, and that lesson is becoming a new favorite. :)
These Kid Snippets are a favorite right now, because they make me laugh out loud. ;)
This post by Sophie over at Time is Passing, was an instant favorite and reminded me of why to dream and why to never stop. :)
I'm reading this and reminded why I instantly loved Anne Of Green Gables, back years ago. L. M. Montgomery's story-telling is dream-like and almost always leaves me happier than I was before. She's a kindred spirit, that's all there is to it. :)
You guys, that's a wrap. Now I'd love to hear your favorites! What songs, books, verses, movies, funnies, lessons and whatever else, have been near and dear to your heart these days? :)
Blessings + Love (And happy Valentines Day Early!) <3
Oh I know, that passage is familar, and yet almost everytime I read it I find something new.
ReplyDeleteDaisy! Awww! My friend used to have a bird, does she sing?
I like your socks too!
Playing the piano while eating cereal!!!Haha, That's my favorite part of this post! =D
Yeah, that's the way to think of it! And yes you do have a gorgeous camera....<3
Anne...I love her "kindered spirits" I've found a couple of my own!
A very orginal post! :)
`Jenny
Thank you, Jenny! <3 Oh, well, I guess you could say Daisy sings. ;) She tweets along to almost ANY song I put on, hehe. Aww, kindred spirits are about the best, most happy things in the entire world. :D
DeleteI loved this post Michelle!!! It's so cool getting to know you better :) YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!! I love your smile! And oh gosh I much prefer messy hair to perfectly smoothed and fake hair :) Beautiful I say, beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool about being content about your singleness. I feel that way too :) It's just really nice to not always be freaking out about boys and being single, ya know? It's just so good to be HAPPY and enjoy life and take full advantage of single time cause it's actually really great.
Hey you should write about how work is going! I am not ashamed that I'm really into food and I am so intrigued that you get to work for a Christian restaurant! Haha, please share :)
Also, can I just say that I love you are posting sorta regularly again? :D
(lots of smiley's in this comment, I realize. Oh well here's another :^D )
Awww, Lacey, you're so sweet, thank you!!! <3
DeleteI know exaaactly what you mean. I've been stressing over it for what seems like ever, and letting go and letting God take over is one of the most beautiful feelings I've known. :) I'm so happy you know what I mean too!
Haha! Well, thank you for wanting to know. :) I'll probably for sure be posting about work soon, but right now I'm still working out when to start "officially" training, due to uniform ordering mishaps and all that fun stuff, haha. But the wait has made me more acquainted with the work atmosphere, going up for meetings, online in-store training and such, so that's been a good thing. And it's making me even more excited to really start. :)
I love smiley's! :D And thank you again, so much!!!
Oh my goshhhhH! I have so much love for this post. 1. You have no idea how pysched I was to see a linkup there in that post! It truely made my day!!! You're so sweet!!! <3
ReplyDelete2. THOSE SOCKS! I also love them. They're SOOO CUTE.
3. I have never had cinnabon cereal but i think its cute that you posted about them and tried to eat them while playing two really amazing disney songs. :)
4. MICHELLE. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. Honestly, I LOVE the picture. I love the smile on your face, it's so cute. And I think you are beautiful.
5. I hear ya on Valentine's Day and being content with being single, and the Love chapter. It's my favorite. I'm baking pink chocolate chip cookies for some of my dance friends that I'm seeing tomorow on Valentine's Day so I'm excited about it. :)
Love, love, love it all!
Well, I'm so glad you posted the post I linked, because it made me SO happy and cheery that morning. :D
DeleteThank you!!! You need to try Cinnabon cereal. Soooo good...
Aww, thank you, Sophie! That just means so much. :)
Ahhh, I saw your pink cookies! How fun! I need to do that, it sounds and looks like a blast. :D
Love this post! Daisy is such a pretty bird, and Anne of Green Gables is always a win!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Lydia!!! I knooow, Anne is one of the best stories ever, I believe. :)
DeleteLove your socks! :) I played Diana in an Anne of Green Gables Musical last year, so that book means a lot to me! Love your pictures!
ReplyDeleteAww, thank you, Vivi!! How cool, that you got to play Diana! :D
Delete