I'm terrified, but maybe if I listen to Speak Now and Fearless enough times, that brave girl mindset will sink in again. I guess going through with scary situations makes you stronger in the end. The excitement wins through-- it blends it all together and that phrase, "It's worth it." climbs up slowly but steadily and demands to take center stage.
Am I making any logic out of these jumbled words? Probably not, if I had to bet on it. This is how I am the night before a "big day", those days that have you pouring your thoughts out, like cream in churn, until they reach something of substance you can hold onto. I never can completely prepare myself though. If you're a dreamer, you understand that the unexpected reality comes down hard from the sky and leaves us wishing it will be what we hope most in our minds, full of pink cotton candy and lyrics describing the way the air smells after a rain. You know that this thing called "real life" is coming at you like a home run. Life though is for living, it's how God wove it together. We remember with the sides of our lips turning upward the surprises we never could have seen coming, and shutter our wet lashes at the hugs we didn't know were there until we could hardly breathe. Can I not admit now that reality, the shocks and gasping dizzy-headed seconds we go through of complete happiness, are not better than dreams?
"It's worth it." makes itself the star again, after all.

This is beautifully worded, such vivid images you gave us! :) Thanks darlin, i needed that. Not because I was having a bad day, because I wasn't. I just needed to be reminded of how worth it it really is. Not juuust that it is worth it, but some of the things that make it worth it. So thanks:)
ReplyDelete