Sunday, July 29, 2012

Neverland


I think we all have moments where our childhood, at least a moment or two from it, takes us by surprise by flashing back into our minds, and ringing in our ears, like a wind tunnel. Maybe it's a song, book or movie; whatever it is, it leaves a bittersweet yearning to go back. 


 For just a scant portion of a second your sense goes to a foreign country, while your fancy lives in an unreality, one you know is just that, but you ignore reality for just this time. You imagine yourself back to being five years old. You see clearly your house, and before your eyes it seems to be rewound in age; all the chips of paint and other faults are magically restored to its former days. And you, your skin feels as soft as silk and your perspective is down several inches; your shadow, which reminds you of Peter Pan, looks so much smaller...Your childhood wonder is once again intensified. Just when you're about to go run through the sprinkler, with a strawberry Popsicle in your tiny, sticky hand, your sense, all too soon, returns from vacation. 


Instead of pitching a poor sport, sort of fit, you accept the fact you can't really go back. It's alright. You're blessed right where you are. All those angelic memories, like the stump in the garden which you dreamed once was an entrance to an awe-inspiring world of dragons, are locked tightly away, where they will never be forgotten or crushed. You realize you can't go to Neverland, but even if you could, you consider all the moments in the now you'd be tossing away. Life is beautiful: We learn from the past, have hope in the future, and ultimately live in the present. The moments (millions of gifts) we're given from above, all somehow make up this breathtaking fairy tale we're in, but we have to live them in chapters... 
moving onto the next adventure that waits ahead of us. 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! This post just made me smile and happy. I as well think back to my childhood in the same way, though I love my life as it is now as well.

    Rachel Keeth // Lavender & Honey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you Rach. :) I'm so happy you related with it and it made you smile. That's encouragement for me like you wouldn't believe. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this was beautiful! I think this took me to all my magical places ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good! :D That's exactly what I was wanting people to feel and relate to. :)

    ReplyDelete

All of your comments always brighten my day up. :)
I do reply back, so if your want to stay updated just click the "subscribe by email" link, underneath the comment box.

Note: I ask you to please keep your words pure to the reader's eyes, within the message of Philippians 4:8

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable... think about such things"