This is obviously a new as a shiny penny blog, and I can safely say a good deal of it is going to be about finding things to be thankful for everywhere. Why was I inspired to write it? I've gone through some rough times as of late and I believe God gives people lessons to learn at the most beautifully poetic time. I've been reading of people whose stories of finding joy were filled with such a height of inspiration, and are now now completely resonating within me. They got my mind (and heart) to wondering about what makes people happy and joyful. I'm seeing that life isn't the monster sort of events, that are the cliff-hangers in our life novel. Life is made up of the moments that pass quicker than your eyelashes fly up to the lid; the ones where you experience change, often without ever realizing it. It's the laughs that send tears rolling, the little arms of a toddler hanging onto your neck for support, the smile when you see someone you never expected to look into the eyes of again, the feeling of peace as soon as you step into the doors of church, the taste of farmer's market fresh, the smell of apple cider in Autumn, the first sight of the ocean, the last page that makes you cry, knitting in calm stillness, and running through a rain shower. It's endless really; joy is everywhere.
Lovely post, my dear! As you know I have been going through some trials so I find it helps me to find all the small blessings.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Rach! Yes, and you've been such a blessing as a friend, and you've really helped me so much!
DeleteGreat thoughts! Welcome to blog land!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I'm happy to be starting this blog adventure. :)
DeleteBeautiful thoughts, Michelle! I really hope that you enjoy your new journey of blogging. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! It's already a blessing. :)
Delete