Wednesday, February 25, 2015

What is my life right now? I'm listening to a bittersweet Ritchie Valens song and wondering why things have to change. There's a lot of change in my life right now. You wonder why I have a hard time switching blogs? Psshh, it's not because it would be difficult. I have a beautiful blog up and ready to go but I'm so dang sentimental and loyal to this shabbier, old blog, and there's my basic thought process about life, guys.

When I like something a lot, I stick with it; when I love it, I never really let it go.  I'll probably be 85, still telling lectures as to why Jane Eyre is my favorite novel and strawberry shortcake is the best Sno-Cone flavor in the universe. I'll remember in detail the first time my heart was broken at 13 and how I waltzed to My Heart Will Go On and felt infinite. I may just hold onto the secret as to why the movie Penelope makes me both laugh and cry. I move on, but I don't let go. So, as life rows forward, I am invisibly connected to all of these people, and places and moments etched into my mind. It's beautiful and heartbreaking. All I can come to though is life must be pretty incredible and will continue to be even more so, with each second that I'm given.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I totally get this. I have a hard time moving on from things too and I hate being forced to change, straight up. Mostly when it involves people. I hate when those signs of people leaving your life start to pop up, or anything good really starts to fade. I'll probably be 85 and still in love with the same person I can't have now and also going on and on about how amazing Jane Eyre is (yes, my favorite book too!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, this was so beautiful. You said it perfectly. I struggle to let go and to move on. It's sort of like I'm afraid that if I let go of the past, let go of people, let go of anything that I love, I'll stop being me and I won't know who I am anymore. The amazing thing about moving on and persevering through change is that we realize where our identity really is, how it's not bound down by anything or anyone, but rather it is secure in Jesus Christ. Keep your chin up and don't feel bad about hating change and wanting to hold on...I feel the same way! Keep being brave in the midst of it all. It will make you stronger. :)

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. And I have to say that I'm glad you're still in love with this little shabby blog because I for one think it's pretty spiffy and I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts in the future. <3

    a vapor in the wind

    ReplyDelete

All of your comments always brighten my day up. :)
I do reply back, so if your want to stay updated just click the "subscribe by email" link, underneath the comment box.

Note: I ask you to please keep your words pure to the reader's eyes, within the message of Philippians 4:8

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable... think about such things"