Monday, August 25, 2014

Thinking Out Loud - Autumn Magic

I'm cold.
You have no idea what kind of oddity that statement means to me,
unless of course, like me, you're "fortunate" enough to live in the deep south. ;)
It's been nearing 100 for the past week, or so and oy vey, I've been
one unhappy camper.
BUT I moved into another room, a spare 'oom that has
it's own air conditioning unit, in addition to the central air.
Yep, it's a penguins paradise.

And this has gotten me to thinking.
I don't know about you, but I'm becoming hopeful about this Autumn.
I always feel like it holds untold possibilities and adventures.
The pumpkin spice lattes alone...
But I digress.

The air is crisper, the gentle breeze makes the speckled leaves
look like birthday confetti and all you really want to do is
fall into a giant pile of them.
But what about oversized flannel shirts (I shop in the guys 
department for this one), boots, comfy sweaters and fuzzy socks?
And more frequent outings to libraries and book stores, with
hot cocoa and donuts!
 
It's all magical, in my opinion. 
 
I'm excited, yes, and those are just a few reasons why.
What's yours? :)
 

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I am getting excited for beautiful Autumn to arrive. I am a Winter girl so I love the colder days. Cozy sweaters, knee-high boots, and pretty scarves, the scent of cinnamon and pumpkin filling the air, colorful leaves drifting down and squirrels running around with acorns getting ready for Winter :)

    Ah, lovely Autumn! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

All of your comments always brighten my day up. :)
I do reply back, so if your want to stay updated just click the "subscribe by email" link, underneath the comment box.

Note: I ask you to please keep your words pure to the reader's eyes, within the message of Philippians 4:8

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable... think about such things"