In the middle of life, this crazy life, sometimes we have to laugh...
Laugh at the mistakes, laugh at the "almost could haves", and laugh
at the misunderstandings that may never be entirely understood,
because life is so real, and so unrehearsed. It's not a movie, where
all the loose ties get knotted into a pretty bow right before the credits roll,
it's made up of many cliffhangers that don't always lead to a relieved sigh.
But He has a plan for you. Yes, you. Even when it feels like there is
absolutely no rhyme or reason to what these days are adding up to.
He knows, and like a tapestry, everything looks ugly on the other side,
but God see's the front of it, and it all makes sense.
Wait for it.
On another note, I'm really loving how Autumn snuck up on me. It happened overnight, it seems.
Summer chugged on and on, to the point where I forgot to even look forward to its end. But it did end, I realized that when I breathed in the air outside the other day, and I'm so thankful of what takes its place.
I have this theory that there are times of stagnancy, where all our moments are lovely but not all together monumental... you're just just peaceful and somewhat complacent. Then there are other times. Times where your whole world seems to shake up like a snow globe, and you're so dizzy from all the changes, you can hardly take it all in. This is one of those seasons for me, and that's not completely horrible. It's just a lot to see, and feel and say goodbye to. But the growing pains mean we're alive, and in more ways than one.
It's not Winter, but this song is working its way into my post. Okay.
This may make sense, it very well may not, but I feel I needed to say it. That's important too, to say what you need to say. Its wanting to be told for some reason, though you may not know the reason. You never know though who's going through something just like you, even if you feel like you're the only one in the universe who'll get it.
Anyhow, Happy Autumn. :) How has yours started out so far?



Yay!! I loved this. That whole first paragraph was so moving, and such truth. I needed to hear that, so there ya go :)
ReplyDeleteMy fall has been like how you described, thoughtful, peaceful, somewhat stagnant, but good. I feel joyfully blessed but still challenged in little ways to keep me on my toes!
Welcome back, and Happy Autumn. :) I love this post, and especially that song! My Autumns been great so far! Full of pumpkin.
ReplyDelete