Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"It's hard to explain how a few precious things seem to follow throughout all our lives."

I may not have many readers, but the ones I have are incredible. <3 Thank y'all for the comments; you really bless me. So many awesome comments I have to get back to that I haven't gotten around too. It seems like not much but all I can say is thank you so much. 

These days are beautiful. The rain makes me happy and I feel like everyone else who feels so are kindred spirits. I'm finally content for now, and that's something that God has answered that I never really saw coming. I've had to learn to become outgoing and less terrified of what others will say in return. Maybe I'm still terrified, but I'm pushing myself anyway and it's not easy but it is worth it. I met a boy I'm going to work with often whose smile today made me jump a little and I honestly don't know what came over me. I found myself speechless. Alabama Summer days may be hot but they sure are magical... So are the nights when the humid air blows and you can daydream while looking up at the sky, hearing a chorus of crickets chime their symphony. This Summer is something to remember and be happy about. Memories are being made.

On sort of a side note, (because the above totally wasn't random enough for you), I loaded this song on my phone the other day and it brought back a flood of memories of me being little and asking my mom and dad to play it over and over again. I remember them singing it in the old van, a Kenny Loggins cassette playing. I especially remember my dad singing it, and that's probably why I looked it up on Father's Day (which also brought back memories to my parents). But it makes me cry, the end of it, and it probably always will. It's the good tears though. It's the "I'll never forget certain moments of my childhood" tears. 



7 comments:

  1. "I've had to learn to become outgoing and less terrified of what others will say in return. Maybe I'm still terrified, but I'm pushing myself anyway and it's not easy but it is worth it."

    I've been experiencing this myself lately, too. I realized that I spend too much time being a hermit. I mean, I embrace the introspective part of me greatly, but I really want to challenge myself to be "out there" more and make more friends and just enjoy myself and others more. It's been fun. Scary, but fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, yes. I hear you, Lacey. It's difficult to take that step out, because it feels raw and as if you're exposing yourself to pain. It's easier to stay home, but you're right, it's fun. :)

      Delete
  2. "So are the nights when the humid air blows and you can daydream while looking up at the sky, hearing a chorus of crickets chime their symphony. This Summer is something to remember and be happy about. Memories are being made."

    True, so true, love. The same is happening to me.
    And also, that Pooh song....... I love it.
    I've always loved Winnie the Pooh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winnie the Pooh is the bomb, and always will be. :)

      Delete
  3. Just stopped by and I think your blog is really cute! : )

    ~ Sarah : ) http://sarahslittlerandomthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All of your comments always brighten my day up. :)
I do reply back, so if your want to stay updated just click the "subscribe by email" link, underneath the comment box.

Note: I ask you to please keep your words pure to the reader's eyes, within the message of Philippians 4:8

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable... think about such things"