Sunday, November 11, 2012

Tenderness

I haven't been around here in a few days, blogging or commenting and I've missed it, honestly.
I didn't have access to a computer other that my phone (long story), but now I do again. 
By the way, it's absolutely freezing in here, so maybe if I type fast enough I'll become warm. ;)

This week has had it's ups and downs, but God is awesome. If y'all could say a prayer for my mom, sister and three nephews to be safe in His hands and for fast recovery, it would really mean a lot to me. My mom has bronchitis, my sister was diagnosed with pneumonia yesterday and my nephews still have a really long-lasting virus. They're doing alright, but definitely not healthy yet. It's just that time of year, and honestly it makes me think a little more of hot, sticky Summertime.

As many of you may already know, I'm Catholic. And as Catholics, the Sabbath starts Saturday night on into Sunday, so we have the really cool option of going on Sunday or Saturday evening. We usually go to our church on Saturdays, and while it took getting used to, I've grown to love it: walking down the sidewalk in the crisp air, watching the setting sun pour through the stained glass and then around this time of year it's so dark when we leave that the stars and moon are always trying to make their first appearance of the night. It's brilliant. But today we went for a change, to a chapel that looks and feels what I kind of imagine Heaven to be. I still love my church and my Saturday nights there, but today was sweet and a kind of special that can't really be typed down. 

This post is so out of form and purpose, but I'm happy to be back and maybe next time I'll be a little more on target. :)

What have y'all been up to? :) 

4 comments:

  1. I love Colton Dixon!! <3

    Haha, that first picture was in one of my last blog posts. I always see it around Pinterest and I just love it! <3

    I am glad you are back! Hope you had a good few days off :) I have been planning Thanksgiving dinner with my mom, but other than that haven't done much related to the big day. I can't wait for it, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love him too! (:

      Oh, it was? I'll have to go look at the posts I missed while I was gone, haha!

      Aww, thank you! I'm glad too, I missed the blogging world. :) That sounds awesome! I'm planning our meal with my mom too, actually. Ahhh, I'm excited! :)

      Delete
  2. THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES. <3

    First off, I'll be praying for your mom,sister and nephews. <3

    Second off, Those pictures. I love the quotes from Zooey and Audrey(they're actually two of my favorite women) and I looove the Chip tea cup, chalk drawing pictures with people in them, the find beauty in everything and lastly, my favorite, the anon quote. How beautiful is that? Very much beautiful. I would die if someone wrote that for me. lol

    And then to top it off, you posted a song from one of my favorite men! Colton! He's the bomb.

    Beautiful, beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, and the prayers mean *so* much. <3

      Haha! I know, that quote is like... sheesh, out of this world. :D

      Oh yes, Colton is just pretty much amazingly amazing. :)

      Thank you so much, Soph!

      Delete

All of your comments always brighten my day up. :)
I do reply back, so if your want to stay updated just click the "subscribe by email" link, underneath the comment box.

Note: I ask you to please keep your words pure to the reader's eyes, within the message of Philippians 4:8

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable... think about such things"