Sunday, October 7, 2012

Autumnal Plans

Confession: I still adore the movie, Anastasia--hence why I have this music box. Moving on.


In the past couple of years I've been studying on and off a personality science, Myers-Briggs. It's fascinating, really--a test that tells you different aspects of your particular personality, with results that help you to understand yourself and others more. I once tested as 100% introverted, which didn't surprise me all too much, because anyone who knows me well knows that I can't be around a lot of people for an extended amount of time and my usual idea of a fun night is staying in with a BBC movie and mug of coffee (no joke). Lately though I've noticed that even being made to stand alone a lot more than extroverts, I crucially need my people time. I need to see, talk and laugh with people in person--not all the time by any means, but with a little of it, I thrive. I can go to a small party, once in awhile, in which I feel comfortable with a few folks there (who don't laugh at me for using slang like "folks"), walk away energized, and as happy as Pooh Bear at a bee-keeper's convention. :) So no, even extreme introverts like myself don't need to live like hermit crabs. We, like everyone God created, need human interaction and fellowship. 

Why am I ranting about this? Basically, I'm trying to get up the nerve to find ways to be around people on a more regular basis. I'm coming up with ideas, much to my astonishment. I'm going to apply to a local store, seeing if they need Christmas help. It's a Godly place, I would get Sundays off, and the lovely things they sale I might end up spending a shockingly large percentage of my paycheck on (alright, that's a drawback). Anyhow, I'm not certain it's right, but if it's the Lord's will it will come to pass. I also had the thought pop in my head of applying to a sweet lil' library a town over. What a job for an introvert, eh? 

So, other plans? I'm musing over the idea of guitar lessons with a friend, and joining a ladies sodality group at my church. I suppose that's it, other than finishing up the term at the stables I'm working for. My dream for this season of life is to do photography full-time, but I know that right now I have to take stepping stones to get to that place. It's not so bad really, when you think about how most grand adventures usually take place when you're headed somewhere. ;) 

What are your Autumnal plans?

Blessings to your day, thank y'all for the ever-so-kind comments, and please do yourself a favor and go listen to a really good song (like the one below), with something hot to drink. :)


2 comments:

  1. I love this post because I can relate to it so much. 1. I used to love Anastasia too! It's been forever since I've seen it though. I need to re-watch it. And 2. I'm a bit introverted myself. I wouldn't say 100% introverted, but i do know how that feels and i can be extremely awkward with speaking words and with people sometimes. I've been working on that too though. I think its okay to be introverted, there's nothing wrong with it, but I also know i need to interact better with people and get out more sometimes. I think going to a college where i dont know anybody has helped me a little bit. Usually i just blend in with the scenery but we've had a lot of group activities in my classes that have helped me actually talk and get to know some people. So that can be nice sometimes. :) I hope you have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such an introvert as well! Girl, you're not alone in your bbc introvertism. I totally connect. But I've come to realize more each day how important people interaction time is. Very important. But I also need solitude time as well. ;)

    God bless! Kailey from www.solitarynook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All of your comments always brighten my day up. :)
I do reply back, so if your want to stay updated just click the "subscribe by email" link, underneath the comment box.

Note: I ask you to please keep your words pure to the reader's eyes, within the message of Philippians 4:8

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable... think about such things"