This weekend was brilliant.
I wish I could say I was taking pictures the entire time, but honestly this was mostly a break from my shutter. And though I adore capturing the moment, I decided to just live it this weekend.
Mongolian food with my sister, brother-in-law and niece // sitting in a cupcake boutique at night while "Back to December" plays // staying up 'til 2:30 in the morning talking and laughing with my sister // figuring out who should be the cast in a modern "White Christmas" // watching The Backyardigans with sweet Emma in my lap // being mistaken for Alissa's twin // eating at Five Guys for the first time, out in the sun // finally being back home in my church // singing "O Come, Divine Messiah" // people in the grocery store I don't know telling me "Happy Birthday" // waking up and my mom giving me hot chocolate coffee to drink (a long-standing birthday tradition) // finally setting aside time to get my ears pierced // eating shrimp pasta at Ruby Tuesday // laughing and shopping at a gorgeous outdoor mall with the parents, Alissa and Emma // hearing Christmas music pipe down the sidewalks and seeing countless wreaths hung by the lanterns // finding perfect gray shirts and plaid flats in Old Navy // walking into Anthropology and realizing that the price tags in Old Navy are much less frightening // getting much loved phone calls from sisters and friends // going to the Cheesecake Factory for coffee and staying for dinner (as you see, there was a lot of food involved this weekend...) // having "Happy Birthday" sung to me there (humiliating yet memorable) // starting my Christmas shopping for folks, finally // my nephews giving me cards and a present that were honestly my favorite gifts ever // pink and white cake, with coffee ice cream // more birthday wishes than I ever deserve
It was full and bright.
I'm thankful for every second of it. :)
Happy December, by the way! Has it seemed much, much different to you than November, so far?
Happy day after your birthday!!!!!!!!!! I had a whole restaurant sing me happy birthday on my 21st too, haha! So fun and humiliating, haha :D
ReplyDeleteP.S. White Christmas is one of my all-time favorite Christmas movies! Have you seen Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby? Also amazing! <3
Awww, thank you! <3 Hahaha, yes, it's rather a perfect blend of happy and embarrassing. ;)
DeleteI have, but it has been MUCH too long since I've seen the entire thing, so I'll have to watch it again soon. :D
. . . Your birthday is in December?! =O OHMYWORD. So is mine! ^_^ And you got your ears pierced?!
ReplyDeleteYES! Ohh, your birthday is coming soon... exciting! :D I sho did, and I love these little rhinestones dearly. ;)
DeleteHappy Belated Birthday!!!!!! I'm so excited and happy for you. Those happy moments made me happy reading them. :) My favorites: "sitting in a cupcake boutique at night while "Back to December" plays // staying up 'til 2:30 in the morning talking and laughing with my sister // figuring out who should be the cast in a modern "White Christmas"//waking up and my mom giving me hot chocolate coffee to drink"
ReplyDeleteI love boutiques, i love taylor swift, i love White Christmas, and hot chocolate coffee sounds divine.
Thanks for sharing love! :) have a splendiforous week.
Awww, thank you so much, Sophie!!! Yes, actually I want to go get some hot chocolate coffee right *now*. :D
Delete