Today.
Today I was awkward because going to a place that used to be so dear and familiar for the first time in over two years made my stomach knot up like the first day I went, half of my life ago. But a creaky doorknob and a tight hug reminded me it was like coming home.
Today has been good; it's been brightening like a ray through the clouds. Our Creator blesses us with these days, and I don't know how I could ever begin to thank Him like I should.
What a breath of fresh, Autumn air. What sweet memories flooded back to me.
What hope for these days ahead.
I kind of like how me and my family drank sparkling grape juice in wine glasses, just because. Honorary Holidays are some of my favorite because there's no expectations on why it should be, just the fact of it being the day after yesterday and before tomorrow.
And I can't help but be excited for where I am in my life right now. It's not predictable; the new day could bring surprises out of the ordinary or a quiet afternoon... either one, though, is an adventure in the end.
Let's go back to the start... That moment when you're so nervous to go somewhere that seems like a faded page in your baby book, and you think you're going to turn back around because you'll humiliate yourself, stop, hold your head high and keep on walking forward. You may choke a little, you may even say some words that will one day make you laugh and cover a blushing face with your hands, but trust me, it's worth it.
Are there any adventures that you have planned this Autumn? :)
This is my absoloute favorite of yours. Oh my gosh, your words, the pictures, everything = Perfection. I'm not even kidding. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAww, thank you you much, Soph! You're so nice! :) By the way, your blog is just so inspirational beyond words.
DeleteOh, this is an awesome post, dear! Love it and the photography!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Rachie! ^_^
DeleteJust found your beautiful blog!
ReplyDeleteCome check out mine! www.sweetteaandpumps.blogspot.com
Thank you, Molly! I'll go check it out. :)
DeleteYour photography is lovely! Simply lovely. :)
ReplyDeletePopping over from my personal blog www.solitarynook.blogspot.com
Thank you! :)
Delete